[wp-hackers] Disabling Feeds

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 20:04:02 GMT 2005

I'm sorry, but I don't quite get what you're saying
here.

The reason I am looking into this is actually because
of your plugin, where you recommend that the feeds be
disabled if you are requiring users to be logged in to
see the site. That's because the feeds aren't
protected in that same way via your plugin. So, I'm
basically, in this case, looking for the quickest way
to secure the site - including the feeds. It would
appear that setting the number of items to publish in
a feed to 0 solves the problem, although having
something that "protect" feeds like you can with the
site in general would be cool. I think this is a
problem that a lot of people are seeing with RSS, etc,
and perhaps isn't really something worth tackling at
this point.

Are you saying that there is a better way to disable
and/or protect the feeds, in order to better serve
sites that require a higher level of security?