[wp-hackers] phpsuexec and .htaccess

Chetan Kunte chetan at ckunte.com
Tue Sep 13 10:07:42 GMT 2005

Hi -

I understand the problem as I experience it myself, but as a moron (I
don't know what I'm doing on this group), I fail to understand the
solution. I have this problem as Podz mentioned since a long time even
before 1.5.2.

I've tried to update the .htaccess automatically as WP says. If I set
666 permissions to  .htaccess file, I get success in Wordpress (as
Podz mentioned), but the file itself isn't updated. If I set it back
to 644 as it normally is when any file is uploaded, I don't see the
update button (I see if you had permissions to write, you could
update..).

What I normally do is that I have .htaccess set to 644 and everytime I
create a new page, I manually re-copy the permalink code, update the
.htaccess file offline and upload it back to the server. This is like
taking your right hand all around the back of your head and eating it
from the left side :)

Matt / WP gurus, plain english please :)
--
Chetan, ckunte.com