[wp-hackers] Posting still slow

Greg Elin greg at fotonotes.net
Thu Sep 1 11:28:30 GMT 2005

I like a post-post (heh) UI approach.

1) Blog post is written to database and made available...
2) User is given feedback:

         Post published. Ping listening services now?

             [ ] Yes  [ ] No  [ ] Always do this

3) Ping process starts, perhaps in a self-closing pop-up window (or
Dom created i-Frame).

The 'when to ping servers' dialog could be javascript based, on the
web page, or in a pop-up, or an intermediate page targeted after
updates.

Also, maybe have a preference for when remote sites are pinged
(though this might involve a cron...):

     a) upon posting
     b) 2x day if new posts exists

etc.