[wp-hackers] PHP Sessions and Wordpress

Ashwin Bihari abihari at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:57:18 GMT 2005

On 10/24/05, Bill Smith <ml_wordpress at copperleaf.org> wrote:

> I'm working on a plugin and was considering using php sessions for
> holding some info. Are there any issues with using sessions in a wp
> plugin? I searched the support forum and found a few questions but no
> real answers.
>
> Thx,
> Bill

Bill,

What sort of information and what would be the side-effect of having those
cookies deleted from a user's browser? Would they notice or need to care?
Would your plugin just re-create the cookie with whatever information it
need to store? How would you guess what was the previous information?

What happens if a person has disabling setting cookies in their browser?

Just a few questions for you to answer before you proceed..:)

--
~ Ashwin