[wp-hackers] The next release.

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sun Oct 23 18:37:51 GMT 2005

Mike Little wrote:
> It appears that the devs aren't interested in what the element of the
> community that complains have to say.

That's not true.

> They will always argue that the
> silent majority must be happy otherwise they'd be complaining.
> They will argue that all the WordPress.com users (and there are
> probably 1000's now) are happy.

I wouldn't say they're all happy. I would also say that it's pretty
widely regarded that especially in open source the most vocal people
aren't always representative of most users (though sometimes they are).
However I wouldn't use that as a blanket dismissal of everyone who
complains, that'd be silly.

What's nice about WordPress.com, and why I think it's going to have a
major impact on the usability of WP, is:

* We can observe what people DO in addition to what they say
* The users tend to be less savvy
* It's very easy to provide instant feedback

> Maybe there will be a fork of the code which replaces the old
> interface. With any luck it may even be doable as a plugin.

If it's not doable as a plugin, I'd welcome any submissions to extend
the hooks to make it possible.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com