[wp-hackers] 2-3 plugins

Jeff Minard jeff at jrm.cc
Sun Nov 13 07:42:31 GMT 2005

John Sinteur wrote:
> If we're going to limit what we can do in browser functionality by what
> search engines can do, we're on the wrong track.

That would make no sense, of course.

But to get this back on subject. Having a good, centralized page that
can give a browsing user a much better archive exploration sense is
something that WP does sorely miss.

There are general archive pages (a list of posts ordered by date --
essentially the home page if you hit "previous posts" enough) but they
are not what they could be. The side bar is far to cumbersome to be
called sufficient.

While a plugin would supplement this area, ultimately the core WP should
feature a more comprehensive and centralized page as an archive jumping
point like these serve to do.

Jeff