[wp-hackers] 1.5.2 or on to 1.6?

Mike Little journalized at gmail.com
Sat May 21 23:41:49 GMT 2005

I think 1.5.2 would be a good idea.  I think addressing the usability
issues would be a good thing. To gain that market share WordPress
needs to be really simple for the novice. It needs to gain a
reputation for stability and security.

I also am quite concerned with the quality of testing we have. I think
some of the last minute bugs found were quite unnecessary. That is to
say, they should have been caught earlier.

I'd like people to consider an automated formal testing setup for
Wordpress. I'm specifically thinking of the xUnit unit testing
frameworks. Has anyone had any experience of phpUnit [1]?. I'm using
jUnit for Java everyday at work and it makes a huge difference to
quality and speed of development.
It would be great to have a suite of automated tests that could be run
which would verify all the core functionality before every release.

[1] http://www.phpunit.de/en/index.php

Mike
--
Mike Little