[wp-hackers] feed:http://address problem

Denis de Bernardy denis at semiologic.com
Wed May 18 20:30:50 GMT 2005

> Now, the mistake may be in trying to paste the string such as
> feed:http://www.mikis.org/blog/feed/
> into the new feed dialog.
> that will not work.

Which, unless I am mistaking, is another way to say: The feed: is so poorly
implemented that it should not be there in the first place.

I personally had several users query me about error messages related to
feed: blah blah blah. To a point that I eventually removed it, and that I
never even considered adding feed: to my subscribe me plugin. Speaking of
the plugin, its next version will likely feature an option to enable
QuickSub:

http://www.methodize.org/quicksub/

You'll notice that QuickSub has no reference to feed: either.

And for what it's worth, nor does microsoft.com.

--
Denis de Bernardy
http://www.semiologic.com