[wp-hackers] Degrading gracefully with deactivated plugins?

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Mar 28 21:36:08 GMT 2005

Owen Winkler wrote:
> Can we please not add any of these strange functions and just provide
> better documentation for switching themes, upgrading, and applying
> plugins, and be sure that authors of themes and plugins adhere to
> developer guidelines regarding these issues?

Many plugin functions (time_since, etc) could be embedded directly in
theme files, which would eliminate any bundling issues. Perhaps we could
make this more formal by having a file (extra-functions.php) that was
loaded with plugins if it existed for a theme.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com