[wp-hackers] Comment spam dropoff?

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Tue Mar 15 16:35:41 GMT 2005

Quoting Brian Dupuis <wordpress at coldforged.org>:

> Hey guys,
>
>     This is kind of an OT query, but I figured the hackers list would be
> most attuned to any changes. I haven't received a single comment spam in
> 7 days. It's not that my comments are broken -- I've received 92 valid
> comments in that same period -- and with my plugin I can choose to view
> comment spam whenever so they're not simply hiding in the database. I
> just haven't gotten any. This is down from an average of around 10 to 15
> a day. Anyone else notice a significant decrease or other change in
> modus operandi?
>
>     It's not that I miss it, I'm just very curious whether this is a
> widespread phenomenon.
>
>     Regards,
>     Brian

Consider yourself lucky. I am still getting hit every bloody hour.

Judging by the feeds (about 20 of which are blogs) that update every 30
minutes,
other people suffer from these too. I imagined that comment spam was on the
rise, maybe aggravated by:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/15/0035225&tid=217&tid=1

Roy

--