[wp-hackers] Developing 1.6

Graeme Lennon graeme at samurai.com
Fri Jun 24 13:53:46 GMT 2005

> - The category system. Does social geography fit in geography or sociology?
> Nevermind that they fit in both... Categories, posts and pages could be
> merged into nodes.

This sounds like you want a category system like Drupal's. I'd very much
like for this not to happen! Wordpress is not, and should not be, a CMS.
Keep it simple.

Everyone understands a hierarchical category system, and is aware of the
limitations. The deficiencies aren't worth the added complexity of some
enormous and confusing taxonomical system, in my mind.

g.