WordPress Openness (was Re: [wp-hackers] UI development for 1.6)

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Thu Jun 23 20:08:24 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 03:56:48PM -0400, Ryan Duff wrote:
> AFAIK, from what I've read about svn, the 1.5.1.2 branch should be
> copied to something like /branches/1.5.x/ so that any future bug fixes
> goes on in there. From what I understand, all major code changes go on
> in /trunk/ and before you start developing the next version, you copy
> your current /trunk/ (same time you make your last tag, or copy from the
> last tag if done later) to a folder within /branches/ The reasoning for
> that is so that if need-be, you can update the 1.5.x branch while
> developing 1.6 or whatever matt is versioning it as.
>
> Just my .02

I agree -- but with SVN branches and tags are really the same thing,
so if there are fixes to the tagged version, you can either

1) commit on top of the tag, and it will behave like a branch

2) use "svn copy" to make another "copy" in /branches/ using the tag
   that is already there (or any revision number)

Regards,
+ Kimmo
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>