[wp-hackers] Re: Sqlite

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:07:25 GMT 2005

People have asked in the past, but due to the insanely large amount of
code relying on mysql specific time/date functions (and the
AUTO_INCREMENT column type that is not implemented in all SQLs) that
porting everything over and trying to support multiple systems would
just be too much of a hassle.

On 6/22/05, Raja Bhatia <raja at twentyouts.com> wrote:
> What's wrong with storing the date/time as unix epoch time? I think a
> better question is to inquire whether there are any plans of including
> database abstraction in WP.
>
> raja
>

> Robert Deaton wrote:
>
> >Not afaik, because the whole time/date system of WordPress relies on
> >mysql specific functions.
> >
> >On 6/22/05, Kai Hendry <hendry at iki.fi> wrote:
> >

> >>Is there support or planned support for sqlite?

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com