[wp-hackers] Plugin download repository

Jalenack jalenack at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 22:16:42 GMT 2005

I'd advise against direct downloads of the plugin file, because some plugins
are in their own folders and have more than one file, like Bad Behavior.

Also, I kind of like Owen's interface @
http://www.redalt.com/External/plugins.php
It lets you choose from tags or from the trunk, and then download a .zip

On 7/26/05, Jonathan Leighton <turnip at turnipspatch.com> wrote:

> Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>
> > Jonathan Leighton wrote:
> >
> >> What do you mean? In what way is it more "reliable"?
> >
> > When I've done direct downloads of files before I ran into all sorts
> > of browser problems, it was a pain.
>
> Oh right. Okay, I've not experienced that before (or at least I don't
> think so), but I'll take your word for it.
>
> >> Well that's one thing which will need to be resolved before I even
> think
> >> about getting people to download the zip from there.
> >
> > Are you volunteering to fix it?
>
> Are you asking me to? ; )
>
> No, I wasn't, but if it's up for the fixing then I'm willing. What's
> involved?
>
> Jon
>
> --
> Jonathan Leighton aka. Turnip