[wp-hackers] Forum post: Huge server hits

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Tue Jul 12 19:19:17 GMT 2005

Heh.  I just deleted my email, which was going to say we needed someone to
provide some real-world numbers. Thanks!

You need WP-Cache, query-caching, lots of RAM, lighttpd or thttpd (at the
least for images!), and a TON of network bandwidth.  Average cheap shared
server won't even come close.  High-end multi-cpu shared box might, but
they'd shut down the site within the first 10 minutes of extreme load... ;)

-d