[wp-hackers] Automatic Saving?

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sat Dec 31 14:56:27 GMT 2005

_____/ On Sat 31 Dec 2005 13:18:37 GMT, [David House] wrote : \_____

> On 31/12/05, Michael Heilemann <heilemann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Isn't there some functionality which is supposed to automatically save
>> entries as they are written?
>
> This was originally added just before 1.5, but pulled because it broke
> things. I'm sure there's a plugin.

It  would cause a mess in my opinion. I always CTRL+A, CTRL+C before I ap-
ply  any  changes. WordPress tried to 'help' with the markup and is  some-
times  devouring  code and/or text in process. What I proposed before  was
keeping  a  stack of versions so that one can undo, reverting to  previous
states for the reason listed above.

Other concerns: some people might edit off-line or be in the midst of typ-
ing. It's too unpredictable.

Roy