[wp-hackers] The Dashboard Needs Attention

Paul Waring pwaring at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 12:33:31 GMT 2005

On 12/30/05, Michael Heilemann <heilemann at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ultimately, I would like to see a digg-like aggregator service, which would
> have WordPress users 'digg' (well 'press' I guess) the news for everyone
> else. Or at the very least an options panel for turning off selected feeds.

An options panel to turn off selected feeds would get my vote - I
*never* look at the dashboard anymore because of the amount of
non-WordPress stuff that appears there, plus I'm subscribed to some of
the feeds already in my normal RSS reader so I don't want to see
everything all over again. It also seems such a waste of bandwidth to
have every one of my WordPress blogs fetching the feeds when I'm not
going to read them more than once, if at all.

Paul

--
Data Circle
http://datacircle.org