[wp-hackers] Any chance of the "Kubrick vs hReview" patch being accepted prior to WP 2.0 release?

Phillip Pearson pp at myelin.co.nz
Thu Dec 22 00:57:26 GMT 2005

Dougal Campbell wrote:

> Phillip Pearson wrote:
>
>>> The solution to this particular example is as easy as adding this
>>> style to the page:
>>>
>>>   .hreview .description {
>>>     background-color: inherit;
>>>     color: inherit;
>>>   }
>>>
>>> Voila. No more conflicting styles in Kubrick.
>>
>> ... in Firefox.  IE doesn't do "inherit" :-(
>
> Ah, true. IE strikes again. I mainly used 'inherit' because it didn't
> lock to a particular color. You could just as easily use 'white' or
> '#7e429d', or whatever colors happen to fit your site. The primary
> point was that you can override the hReview description style however
> you see fit, without the need to change a core WordPress file.
>
> On the other hand, I'm okay with the idea that we could make the
> Kubrick selector more specific (but not necessarily with renaming it).
> I just think that it's an over-reaction to scramble to 'fix' Kubrick
> just to avoid conflicts with a microformat that only a tiny percentage
> of users are going to be using. Especially when there's an easy way to
> resolve the conflict without patching core files.

Cool.  I've uploaded a slightly tidier version of Ryan's patch to
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1436 ... all it does is change
.description to div#headerimg div.description, and remove a duplicate
.description block.

http://trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/1436/kubrick_headerimg_description_specific.diff

Point taken about doing extra work to support such a small proportion of
the user base, though...

Cheers,
Phil