[wp-hackers] Any chance of the "Kubrick vs hReview" patch being accepted prior to WP 2.0 release?

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Wed Dec 21 14:08:05 GMT 2005

David House wrote:

> Using namespaced XML goes against the design principles of
> microformats. They're designed to be easy, simple, QUICK to read and
> write, no need to bother around with things like namespacing. In
> essence, why use complex XML features when a simple classname will do?

But will a simple classname do? It doesn't seem to be working here, and
that's a problem.

Even when it might, it's often somewhat easier to work with the real
names on the elements rather than hiding them in class attributes. My
own HTML pages have quite a few non-standard, invalid elements that I
happily process with XML tools. I could probably change them to <div
class="name"> and <span class="name"> instead, but my code would become
more complex to handle that; and I don't see what anyone would gain by
me doing this.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu