[wp-hackers] Any chance of the "Kubrick vs hReview" patch being accepted prior to WP 2.0 release?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Tue Dec 20 17:47:09 GMT 2005

Phillip Pearson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what the proper protocol for this is, but there's a patch
> I'd like to enourage someone to look at.  It modifies the stylesheet for
> the default WP template so that it doesn't conflict with the hReview
> microformat  [...]

I don't have a problem with making the selectors in the Kubrick CSS more
specific. But couldn't you do the same thing from the other direction,
to target the hReview elements? E.g.,

   div.hReview .description { /* blah blah blah */ }

The hAtom microformat is trickier, because this is more of a document
structure issue.

Nobody ever said that you'd be able to plop any old microformatted
information info an existing web template and have everything work right
out of the box. That would certainly be nice, but the Real World always
has a way of throwing a wrench into the works :)

This looks like an opportunity for someone to create a new WordPress
template with built-in microformat support. I was hoping to revamp my
site over the holidays with this in mind (i.e. hAtom).

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/