[wp-hackers] Any chance of the "Kubrick vs hReview" patch being accepted prior to WP 2.0 release?

Phillip Pearson pp at myelin.co.nz
Tue Dec 20 00:11:50 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm not sure what the proper protocol for this is, but there's a patch
I'd like to enourage someone to look at.  It modifies the stylesheet for
the default WP template so that it doesn't conflict with the hReview
microformat:

    http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1436

Short summary of why this is worthwhile: hReview requires that you mark
up the description area with the 'description' class.  Kubrick uses
'description' to style the blog subtitle.  This results in review
contents in a Kubrick-using WP blog appearing in white text on a white
background.

I hacked around this for the SB plugin by inserting some Javascript in
the footer that would strip the 'description' class off anything not
inside the header.  This patch would let hReview work if you don't have
the SB plugin installed.

Cheers,
Phil