[wp-hackers] Haven't installed WordPress yet - run install.php

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 23:41:48 GMT 2005

Actually, that error is shown long after wp-config is loaded and a
connection to your database is established. It is shown when you're
connected to a database but the tables for WordPress don't appear to
exist. If index.php can't find wp-config.php, it tells you just that.

On 8/18/05, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/18/05, Lorelle VanFossen <lorelle at cameraontheroad.com> wrote:
> > Due to an unannounced security change with my server, for hours now
> > people visiting my site have been greeted with:
> >
> >    " It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running
> > install.php <http://www.cameraontheroad.com/wp-admin/install.php>."
> >
> > I have updated the password for access to my server, but it seems this
> > security change has borked access to my database but I can't gain access
> > to the database because the server is updating whatever it is that is
> > screwing up access.  So for HOURS this has been sitting there.
>
> Relle, that message is generated in index.php, long before WP tries to
> connect to your database. If it had failed to connect to the database,
> WP would have said so.
>
> The error above is only presented when index.php is unable to find
> wp-config.php. This can be due to a missing file but more likely, the
> file is sitting there with the wrong owner/group/permissions.
>
> I realize you are having issues with your host and that they are
> database-related but I didn't want any misconceptions about that error
> message to survive this thread.
>
> Andy

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com