[wp-hackers] Version RPC

Denis de Bernardy denis at semiologic.com
Thu Aug 11 20:18:40 GMT 2005

Yeah, I was just following it from a distance. :)

It's just, it makes no real sense from a design stand point imho. You could
just as well put the information in any other randomly chosen file. And the
bandwidth saving is very much zero.

What more, someone might want to call the data for an entirely separate
reason sooner or later, or insert more data, or whatever. And having it
embeded in the rss feed at that point won't necessarily make sense.

In the end, rather than trying to outfancy things with some geeky mixture of
data, you'll want to stick to something completely separate and independent.

D.