[wp-hackers] 1.5.2 - Why ?

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Tue Aug 9 18:06:09 GMT 2005

Podz wrote:
> Why ?
>
> Reading some of the upgrade threads from 1.5 onwards, there are some
> that ask "Why should I upgrade ?" Their reasons in some ways do not
> matter - it's their install and up to now (apart from security) we don't
> have a reason apart from "Because we say so". Not great.
> Seeing as this is a bugfix issue, is there any harm in saying:
> "If you had problems with XXXX, then 1.5.2 addresses that"
> "If you are not experiencing any bugs with regard to x,y,z, then you are
> okay to stay where you are"
>
> I know ideally everyone should be on the same version, but they aren't
> and we can't force them. At least this way we are being honest.

I think that's completely fair.

And if we have a user-friendly changelog (instead of a list of closed
trac tickets), we can list what specifically has been fixed.

When people using 1.5.1.2 complain about a problem fixed in 1.5.2, we
can say "This is fixed, please upgrade."

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35