[wp-hackers] 1.5.2 - Why ?

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Aug 9 18:03:54 GMT 2005

Why ?

Reading some of the upgrade threads from 1.5 onwards, there are some
that ask "Why should I upgrade ?" Their reasons in some ways do not
matter - it's their install and up to now (apart from security) we don't
have a reason apart from "Because we say so". Not great.
Seeing as this is a bugfix issue, is there any harm in saying:
"If you had problems with XXXX, then 1.5.2 addresses that"
"If you are not experiencing any bugs with regard to x,y,z, then you are
okay to stay where you are"

I know ideally everyone should be on the same version, but they aren't
and we can't force them. At least this way we are being honest.

P.