[wp-hackers] Hello Dolly's future

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon Aug 8 21:19:07 GMT 2005

Jalenack wrote:
> My vote is for the Docs Search plugin, because it gives users tons of WP
> information at their fingertips, and could reduce a lot of repetitive forum
> posts. Also because it's my plugin (and Owen's!)..heh

Hello Dolly is very simple and functions as a kind of baseline plugin
for plugin devs.  Search Docs is pretty complicated (Ajax, remote-calls,
etc.) to be using as an example.

Don't get me wrong, I would really like to see Search Docs distributed
with or its functionality included as part of the core, I'm just not
convinced it's a good candidate to replace Hello Dolly specifically.

(Incidentally, I patched search-docs to temporarily move the box down
below the Sign Out/My Account stuff.  Looks kind of sloppy at the moment
/hint-hint/, but it works.)

Owen