[wp-hackers] Hello Dolly's future

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Aug 8 21:04:38 GMT 2005

Jalenack wrote:
> The new 1.6 design makes the default Hello Dolly plugin styling very off
> (overlapping with the sign out and profile links). Perhaps this is a
> good time to discuss whether Hello Dolly should continue or be replaced
> by a more....useful plugin.

I made an updated version, thought I checked it in but if not it's on my
home comp.

> My vote is for the Docs Search plugin, because it gives users tons of WP
> information at their fingertips, and could reduce a lot of repetitive
> forum posts. Also because it's my plugin (and Owen's!)..heh

I'd be curious to hear other plugin candidates for distribution
inclusion. Please remember size is also a factor, there are some plugins
which are half again the size of WP itself.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org