[wp-hackers] Wordpress counting site

Andy Skelton skeltoac at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 29 04:47:44 GMT 2005

>From: "Jefte Puente" <jp at jefte.net>
>First of all, great concept and what an undertaking! Aren't you afraid of
>the kind of demand on a server this kind of project would create once the
>community runs with it? Matt pwned the list in just one day, from one site
>- I can only imagine what the blogosphere would do.
Yeah, I'm going to need more servers before I know it and I don't know how
I'll fund them. Sound familiar? I asked Matt if I was crazy and he said he
didn't think so but he wasn't very convincing. Just do me a favor and DON'T
promote this plugin on your blogs yet. Just use it quietly.

>In browsing the results I see that each link is simply the title to the
>page. Some websites, however, aren't as well designed and have ambigous
>titles. Are there plans to add a domain info for websites like this?
Loads. I just have to work out how to get the data into BOTD. I'll probably
end up adding Dublin Core-based meta tags to the head section just like
dougal.gunters.org already does. That makes parsing super easy.

Matt, are you using a hacked BOTD plugin? I'm still getting hits for
specific ranges on your random number generator and I don't think
the_permalink($id) should be replicating a user-entered query. 'Fess up! Oh,
and I'm running into 404's when I try to reindex your site's titles. Is that
Bad Behavior?

Andy Skelton
www.skeltoac.com