[wp-hackers] [Fwd: solved a little problem with mysql detection]

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Thu Apr 28 02:46:30 GMT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: solved a little problem with mysql detection
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 20:18:37 +0200
To: helpout at wordpress.org

Hi,

I installed wordpress 1.5 and it kept complaining that php had no mysql
support.
Fortunately I could solve the problem by adding a few lines of code. I
thought lets contribute this back.

Currently wp-settings.php includes the following lines:

if ( !extension_loaded('mysql') )
         die( 'Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL
which is required for WordPress.' );

I recommend something like the following which will load the module if
its not loaded but available:

if (!extension_loaded('mysql'))
{
         if (!dl('mysql.so')) {
                 exit;
         }
}

It solved the problem for me (I am running Ubuntu Linux Hoary with
apache 2.0.53).

I like wordpress! keep up the good work!

Regards,

Herman Bos

ps. I hope I contacted the right e-mail adres. I couldn't find any bug
reporting stuff on the site.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org