[wp-hackers] post_content_filtered

denis at semiologic.com denis at semiologic.com
Wed Apr 20 00:40:02 GMT 2005

Quoting Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net>:

> If you're running Textile 2 or another expensive text-processing engine,
> it could make your pages load a lost faster.

Actually, it's a bit more complex:

I've Markdown running and indeed it is a hogger. But I've also a smart link
plugin in beta test on my site.

http://www.semiologic.com/projects/smart-link/

It is even more a hogger than Markdown. :P And I expect two more plugins in my
pipe will make things even worse.

I suspect your plugin will introduce more problems than it solves in my case. I
would need to use the_prerendered_content() instead of the_content() in my
theme, and assume other plugin users will do the same -- I suspect this is too
complex for most users.

Thus, I'd be curious to know if someone has some code available that traverses
the the_content filter, adds a caching trigger at the end of it, and triggers
the caching during shutdown. If not, I guess I'm in for another plugin...

--
Denis
http://www.semiologic.com