[wp-hackers] Theme development and hooks.

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Tue Apr 5 21:24:35 GMT 2005

:)

Well, the value of "this" is hard to say -- as you've introduced another
project.  Yes, I think there's merit to creating 'theme templates' to build
off of.

But my original point is that things like plugins, that want to output code
matching the format of the current theme -- again, start with just adding
sidebar elements -- have no way to do so.  An extra set of variables or
functions would be nice.

The Presentation page itself could, in theory, have a 'validation' option
that'd say whether or not certain hooks/functions/variables are defined that
MUST be for proper integration overall, plus best-of-class support for
dropping in plugins, etc.

-d