[wp-hackers] Theme and Plugin Integration

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 22:45:19 GMT 2005

The feature that I want is the ability to run things that could only be run
as plugins, not just special function calls. There are some limits to what
you can do by the time it gets to the theming system. You also couldn't add
configuration menus in the admin without being able to hook in earlier than
themes

On Apr 3, 2005 5:24 PM, Owen Winkler <ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:

> Jeff Minard wrote:
>
> > And I don't care. (And I make plugins, not themes)
>
> What bothers me about many posts I receive from this list (and is
> usually remedied by cooler-headed core contributors - thanks guys) is
> that there is a lot of shouting from a particular perspective without
> evaluating what anyone else's needs may be.
>
> I certainly consider the user experience important, and I feel that the
> patch I've provided is a nice first step toward improving it, because it
> addresses the problem of dependencies both with a default theme install
> and with later user customizations. I fully expect someone to come
> along and offer suggestions to improve or replace my idea so that we can
> arrive at a conclusion that will appease the most folks.
>
> So I guess what I'm asking is, How would you allow plugin authors to
> maintain credit for their work while maximizing the user experience?
> Surely you don't think these are mutually exclusive?
>
> Owen

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com