[wp-hackers] IIS Problem

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Sat Apr 2 08:52:43 GMT 2005

Looks strange to me. Why do you have to create a DSN? Can't you connect to MySQL the usual way? I've had numerous installs on Windows/IIS5 with PHP4/MySQL4 and haven't had any problems since March last year.

And yes, you can't CHMOD on Windows/IIS. You need to have to ask for write permission from the webhost. Besides, mail() function isn't enabled on Windows/IIS, I doubt it can work normally. I read somewhere that it needs to be worked around. Besides, doesn't WP has an option to use SMTP if mail() is not available? I think if its not available, then it should be, as some guys do install WP on Windows/IIS.

And your fopen, fread, fwrite etc. are disabled as noted in your phpinfo() output, I think that WP uses fopen/fread to load the plugins, so that's why you are not able to open the plugins directory.

-----
Amit Gupta

|| Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v2.01 ||
|| iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||

---------- Original Message from podz at tamba2.org.uk ----------

http://wordpress.org/support/topic.php?id=29474

The problem right now is that clicking "Plugins" gets me this:
"Couldn't open plugins directory or there are no plugins available."

Any advice appreciated

P.