[wp-forums] GoDaddy hosting FTP issues with 4.0

James Huff james at automattic.com
Sun Sep 14 05:25:21 UTC 2014

Thanks, Otto!

I added a bit of a blurb about this to https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-40-master-list?replies=5#post-5969229 (under the new “Hosting” section). Please feel free to edit if necessary.

________
James Huff
http://macmanx.com
http://automattic.com

On September 12, 2014 at 3:06:39 PM, Otto (otto at ottodestruct.com) wrote:

True, I believe that files transferred via SSH or SFTP would not trigger
this system, as the data would be encrypted in transit. Ditto ZIP files.

I believe the reason their "File Manager" thing works is because it's going
over https, so, encrypted too.

Nevertheless, I sent an email to the ppl at GoDaddy about the WooCommerce
thread. It'd probably be nicer if they fixed whatever rule is causing the
problems.

-Otto