[wp-forums] Grinding my teeth at this guy

Kathryn Presner zoonini at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 20:41:17 UTC 2014

> Okay, so ... that's annoying. I didn't know you could get it from .com like
> that (since I never look over there). But that said, where do people who get
> a theme from .com go for support?

Most .com themes are also in the .org directory, so they're not a
problem. The tricky part comes when there's a time lag between the
moment a theme is submitted to the repo and when it's accepted and has
its own forum (like Intergalactic), or if a theme isn't submitted to
the repo for technical reasons, like Stay, which relies on a custom
post type for hotel rooms.

That's why we came up with the wpcom-theme tag a while back.
Volunteers like Esmi (who look at a lot of theme threads) have been
tagging these "orphan" threads and then I (and other Automattic staff)
help them out in the forums.

> How do we not have a place for .com 'distributed' theme SUPPORT?

I know, it's a dilemma. :-\

I'm definitely open to better ideas on how to handle these!

kp