[wp-forums] Potential bogus reviews on a plugin

andrew nevins andrew.nevins.misc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:17:10 UTC 2014

I think the plugin author has some marketing somewhere that tells people if
they leave a review they'll get £10 worth of stuff.

I've had a brief browse and the only thing I can find is a mention of it on
their Ebay page, but that doesn't say to review in the WordPress.org forums.
http://applications.ebay.com/selling?ViewEAppDetails&stab=1&mId=744&appType=1&appId=apps.awesomeship.com

I just noticed it when the author replied a dozen times to reviews on the
plugin to say something like "thanks, here's your £10"
https://wordpress.org/plugins/aftership-woocommerce-tracking/

Not sure what to do about it.