[wp-forums] Multisite Assistance Needed with site/home URL Mess

Marius Jensen funman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 05:32:41 UTC 2014

I'm not going to step in as I'm not 100% certain on this, but I have seen
it happen and I believe it's a known bug with redirects for wp-admin.

Just visiting mysite.com/wp-admin to login (drop the subdirectory site
structure from it) should give access to the backend.

I don't remember where I read about that bug thing though, but it's been a
factor on my own multisite for as long as I can remember if I try to login
using mysite.com/subsite/wp-admin or wp-login

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 6:35 AM, James Huff <james at automattic.com> wrote:

> Hey folks, would someone mind taking over
> https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-admin-link-suddenly-stopped-working?replies=26
> please ?
>
> It started as a routine siteurl mixup, but I found out over 20 replies
> later that multisite is involved and the superadmin has abandoned the
> project.
>
> Multisite still isn't my strength, and I'd rather not risk making things
> worse than they already are.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> _______
> James Huff