[wp-forums] Reviews vs. Support

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Mar 5 14:24:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> Yet another case-in-point:
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/messed-up-database
>
> Look, I'm a small-fry Plugin developer. It's more a nuisance than anything.
> But 3 out of 3 "reviews" that I've gotten for Plugins and Theme have been
> bogus; and 2 of those are misplaced support topics.

You seem to be fudging your numbers here a bit, BTW. Didn't complain
about this "good" review you got for a plugin:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/crucial-for-social-media?replies=1#post-

And this review of Oenology strikes me as a perfectly legitimate
review, though he does mention a particular support-related problem.
Which is *valid* in a review. Not everybody is going to be channeling
the ghost of Gene Siskel when writing reviews, man.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/visually-clean-theme?replies=2#post-

-Otto