[wp-forums] wp-forums Digest, Vol 94, Issue 2 Helping out commercial products

Michael Stolze alchymyth at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 14:23:38 UTC 2013

I personally think, it is ok if anybody wants to help with commercial theme
issues; after all, the forum welcome states:

> Do NOT press moderators or anyone else to help with premium themes. We do
> NOT support premium themes as you paid for their support when you bought it
> and it is not our place to keep shady vendors in business. *If someone
> wants to help, that is fine.*

(italics by me)

often, general advice like pointers to the right Codex chapters is all that
is needed.
I mostly split my reply into:
'generally, you could do such and such...
for specifics, please contact the theme's developer ... commercial themes
are not supported.'

I agree with Jan, that excessive posting of commercial theme's code should
not be encouraged.