[wp-forums] Can someone put this guy in his place?

Joni Mueller joni at jonimueller.com
Thu Apr 25 17:45:53 UTC 2013

Because my thinking is if people on there can throw out ideas, they can be useful TO OTHERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM.  Sorry to be shouty, but I have seen this quite a bit on the forums.  Someone gets irritated and BAM, thread closed.  Never to be seen or heard from, or collectively solved, again.

If we had more threads that were rich with actual solutions, maybe, just maybe, someone might be able to search them (or use Google to find them, just as someone Googled the OP -- go ahead and Google me while you're at it, I don't care) and find a posted solution. Or at least be pointed in the right direction.

I thought the forum was for everyone, not just the OP, who might or might not be a nice person.

And as an aside, not that anyone cares, really, I was on the forums a lot in past years, helping (and I of course had my own questions and problems too).  But I got burned out really quickly by so much nastiness, mostly on the part of clueless users (and yeah, they're out there).  But I've been back recently to see if I can help some folks out. If I see a thread where someone is having a meltdown or behaving like a little beast, I skip it.  Why should I raise my blood pressure to help someone who clearly isn't worth my time or effort?  I cherry pick the threads where I will step in and help.  That seems to be making a difference at least in my own well being.

Joni Mueller
www.pixelita.com
Follow me on Twitter: @pixelitadesigns