[wp-forums] The "No Bumping" Rule - A Plea For Consistency

mrmist listswpforum at mist.org.uk
Tue Nov 6 13:12:44 UTC 2012

I think that the no bumping rule is probably largely pointless, and
moderating such bumps with text saying "please don't bump" is doubly so.
If anything changed in this regard my vote would be towards removing the
specific rule about bumping in favour of a common-sense approach to such
things.  (That is to say, that people who were somehow causing an issue by
bumping would be dealt with through moderation _because they were causing
an issue_ rather than because they were bumping a thread.)

mrmist.