[wp-forums] Support for non-repository-hosted Themes

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Fri Jul 8 17:05:53 UTC 2011

On 7/8/11 12:57 PM, Chip Bennett wrote:
> Along the same idea of improving UX: what about a core patch, to add a
> support-forum link in the WP-Admin, e.g. in Dashboard ->  Appearance ->
> Themes? I could investigate it and write something up.
If someone clicks the Help tab, there is a link to the support forums.
We could link directly to the Themes forum from that help screen. If you
do a patch I'll +1 it. Where an explicit link in the main body of the
admin would make more sense probably would be on theme-editor.php.

Side note: how many forum mods on this list are planning to come to
WordCamp SF in August? If there's a handful, we could plan a summit
meeting of sorts (read: pizza and beer while discussing issues like this
and brainstorming solutions).