[wp-forums] For people having 3.1 Drama Llamas

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Thu Feb 24 01:10:57 UTC 2011

Though I'd kick start a list.  Please add 'em on :) I'm sure we'll need these handy for a while!

ADMIN BAR
If it's throwing your theme out of whack, make sure you have a call to wp_footer() in your theme's footer

Wanna turn the admin menu ON for EVERYONE?
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk/archives/2011/01/05/always-show-admin-bar/

Like the bar but not the search?
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/hide-admin-bar-search/

Finally if you MUST turn it off...

To disable it, you can add this to your functions.php
`/* Disable the Admin Bar. */
add_filter( 'show_admin_bar', '__return_false' );`

LINKS GOING 404
You may need to let WP regenerate your .htaccess.
http://dre.im/if-pages-return-a-404-after-wordpress-3-1-upgrade

KNOWN PLUGINS THAT WILL EFF YOU UP!
Facebook integration plugin (don't know which one, working on that)
Simple Tags

MISSING OPTIONS IN POSTS
3.1 hides some screen options by default. Just turn on the ones you want.
More info here: http://ottopress.com/2011/wp-quickie-metaboxes/

FATAL ERRORS
Fatal error in the output means either your theme doesn't like 3.1, you have a plugin that doesn't like 3.1, or you have an incomplete upgrade.

Try:
- switching to the Twenty Ten theme by renaming your current theme's folder in wp-content/themes using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides. You may need to access /wp-login.php to get this to kick in fully.

- resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin.

- re-running the upgrade manually using /wp-admin/upgrade.php.