[wp-forums] The subtle distinctions between self promotion and assistance

ipstenu at ipstenu.org ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Wed Apr 13 13:18:29 UTC 2011

Marking him as a bozo for now will make it easier to ... monitor? For
lack of a better term.

My issue is that lately he's taken to just replying to people "My
plugin will fix it!" when that's actually not the case.  He says he
wants to help, and his track record really does indicate that, yes,
he's a good guy at heart, but he's ... trying to hard?  I'm not sure
how else to say 'Dude, your plugin isn't the solution for EVERYONE.
Listen to what they're saying, understand THEIR problem, and solve it
for them. Not you.'

And this post was 100% shameless self promotion:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/best-new-tool-for-blog-developers?replies=1&view=all#post-2054183

There were a couple others I've deleted that were just ... He was
acting like an annoying API bot on Twitter 'You said Communist! Red
Scare Bot will tweet at you, now!'

That was why I pointed out that if you're on the forums to support
your plugin, fine.  But if you're here to HELP, then you need to be
altruistic and provide help WITHOUT just pimping your stuff.