[wp-forums] The subtle distinctions between self promotion and assistance

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Wed Apr 13 11:11:33 UTC 2011

On 4/13/11 6:55 AM, esmi at quirm dot net wrote:
> I'd never checked out out his site until today. Jane's post prompted
> me to have a quick look and I found this:
> <http://www.jonathonbyrd.com/generating-forum-traffic/2011/403/>
>
> Funnily enough, I spotted some strange posts about his plugin a few
> weeks ago but couldn't put my finger on what was wrong. I guess it
> wasn't just me being paranoid. :-(
As it happens, I mentioned the things I noticed (that I asked about in
my post... the excessive linking in directory listing, the ambiguous
licensing) last night to Mark R, and the plugin has been suspended
pending investigation by Mark. When the author contacts Mark to ask why
it was suspended, he will be educated about what's ok here and what's
not. Lord knows Mark hates a spammer.