[wp-forums] The subtle distinctions between self promotion and assistance

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Wed Apr 13 10:55:36 UTC 2011

on 13/04/2011 03:01 Jane Wells said the following:
> On 4/12/11 9:35 PM, Mika A Epstein wrote:
>> At this point I'm walking away.
>>
>> I totally allow that the difference between self-promotion and helping can be slim, but he's at the point where he doesn't even LET himself consider the possibility that 'Gee, two people think my posts MIGHT be inappropriate advertisement.'  I tried to be constructive, sorta at a wall now.
>>
>> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-think-my-posts-are-hitting-the-trash-again
>>
>> Any ideas?
> I have your backs, my friends. See my reply on thread.

Thank you both for the back up. Not because I'm that bothered by the
comment he made about me (at least I now know where I stand there) but
with regard to the self-promotion on the forums. FWIW and with regard to
his deleted posts, I did re-read every one of those threads and tried to
balance the original question(s) against his responses. I only removed
those where I couldn't see any direct relevance.

I'd never checked out out his site until today. Jane's post prompted me
to have a quick look and I found this:
<http://www.jonathonbyrd.com/generating-forum-traffic/2011/403/>

Funnily enough, I spotted some strange posts about his plugin a few
weeks ago but couldn't put my finger on what was wrong. I guess it
wasn't just me being paranoid. :-(

Mel