[wp-forums] Requesting Backup with Hovercard Code

James Huff macmanx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 07:07:07 UTC 2010

Both the member in question and I are actually affected by this problem, so you know I've tried just about anything.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/hovercards-on-self-hosted-theme-issue

We've used various versions of Otto's hovercard code originally posted here: http://ottopress.com/2010/gravatar-hovercards/

All of the variations that we've tried are listed in the topic.

The member reports that using the code either in the functions file or as a plugin with specific themes, including 2010 Weaver, produces the following error in IE 8 and 9 when attempting to trigger the hovercard:

Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
Line: 335
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://s.gravatar.com/js/gprofiles.js?g

The line number changes depending on which version of gprofiles.js we use, but it's basically the same each time.

I'm using a hand-built theme, so no real help there other than to say "me too."  Also, I've noticed the same error on Otto's site too.

If you'd like it see the error in action, just hover over a gravatar in IE 8 or 9 at any of the following sites: http://test.zeaks.org/ http://macmanx.com/ http://ottopress.com/

Thanks in advance for any help!  Just call me "Willing to Learn".

________
James Huff
http://macmanx.com
http://weblogtoolscollection.com