[wp-forums] Could someone keep an eye on...

Mark / t31os wp-t31os at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 8 16:03:46 UTC 2010

esmi at quirm dot net wrote:
> on 08/03/2010 11:10 Mark / t31os said the following:
>> Poor guy/gal, and Mel i'm not meaning to overstep you on this, but i
>> don't think it's appropriate for this user to be linking to a free
>> copy of a developers work, even if the service received was poor
>> (this might of been added after you viewed the thread last, so i
>> appreciate you may not have seen it).
>
>> I've moderated his/her last post, and dropped in a brief reply.
>
> I've just seen the last post and agree completely. Apart from the
> potential copyright issues, I don't think the forum should be seen or
> perceived to be taking any side in these kinds of situations. After
> all, we don't know the full story. All we do know is that supplier and
> recipient have apparently had a falling-out. End of story.
>
> And I still feel that the forum is not a suitable place to try and
> apply pressure during these kinds of arguments. By all means post an
> account of your experience with Theme X or or Plugin Y if you feel it
> might pre-warn others. But rant? No. That's what blogs are for.
>
> And interestingly enough, I've seen blogs used in this way to huge
> effect on 2 separate occasions. :-)
>
>> Should be interesting to see where this thread ends up...
>
> Looks like the poster is calming down. Fingers crossed, that's the
> last of it.
>
> Mel / esmi

> signature database 4908 (20100302) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Spot on.

I always find it amusing when people get angry about the way they've
been treated, then go and do something as equally
stupid/bad/immoral/wrong (whatever), using the former as justification.
In my opinion, it goes to show, the person offended is no better a
person then the one(or several) they are passing judgement on, of course
it could just be a shock reaction .. i'm sure we all react in strange
ways when we're in shock(i know i do, i'm only human)..

Curious to see what happens next..

Mark