[wp-forums] Ethical practices of consultants

Mark E mark at edwards.org
Thu Jul 1 23:15:01 UTC 2010

> James Huff wrote:
>
>> The thread will be closed (only editable by mods), so concerned users
>> will be forwarding "evidence" to this list if necessary and we should
>> all be involved in the decisions on whether or not we blacklist a
>> particular individual.

Extremely bad idea. A blacklist has absolutely nothing to do with
providing community support at the forums and has everything to do with
getting yourselves (and Automattic) numerous steps closer to getting
your arse sued completely off for slander, defamation, and so on.

On another note, if you want to prevent unsolicited contacts between
forum users then never reveal any users' email addresses. Pretty simple eh?

Mark