[wp-forums] Looking for Consultants (and Where have I been?)

ipstenu at ipstenu.org ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Tue Dec 14 19:59:53 UTC 2010

In my purely subjective tests, I've noticed that while it works just
as well as before, I'm getting more spam on my blog where 2.5.0 is in
play.

Three sites
Site A has 2.5.0 since it came out and gets 10-30 spam comments a day.
Site B had 2.4-whatever last week, got maybe 2 spam comments a week.
Upgraded to 2.5 on Sunday and now I'm getting 10-30 a day.
Site C has 2.4-whatever and is only getting 2-5 a week.

It's ... weird.

All three sites run the same suite of blockers (Akismet and Bad Behavior).

No idea what it means, but it's working so I'm not sure if 2.5 is a
spam magnet or what.